‘Hangouts’ was recently presented to the HDESD’s Special Programs department at their half-day in service. Rachel Wente-Chaney, Chief Information Office for HDESD, presented Google Hangouts which is similar to Skype. Staff got a chance to download the app, and invite their co-workers to join in on a ‘hangout’ session. Here are some of the reasons why Google Hangout can be a benefit:
- It’s a great tool for collaboration!
- It’s easy to use and flexible.
- It’s cost-efficient (free).
- It builds your professional learning community.
- It’s like skype, but so much better!